When meeting people in a job interview, it is critically important to remember your interviewers’ names. This will help them feel that you are paying attention to them and make you look confident and professional. While it may be challenging to remember everyone’s names in the interview, using the interviewer’s name while they are conducting the interview will help you build rapport quicker with your interviewer.
1. Repeat it: When you’re introduced to a new person, repeat their name back to them. Say it with a smile, and ask if you’ve got it right.
2. Use it: Whenever you can, use their name, making a mental note to pronounce it correctly each time.
3. Ask: When you ask a question (and when they answer), make sure you know their name again. This shows you’re interested in them as a person, not just how they can help you get a job.
4. Remember: Write their name down if you have to. Ask them to spell it for you.
5. Review: Before your interview, review the names of the people you’ll be meeting. If possible, try to find a picture or write down a description of them. You want to be able to recognize them when you meet.
Looking for a job? Apply today to join the MGR Workforce team!