How To Handle Employee Turnover in The Manufacturing and Logistics Sector

Manufacturing and Logistics staffing agency
Manufacturing and Logistics staffing agency

Are you a business owner or hiring manager feeling the heat of the tight U.S. job market? You’re not alone. The manufacturing and logistics sectors are particularly feeling the pinch.

With every departure, a ripple effect is felt across the entire organization. The search for a replacement isn’t just a quest for a new face at a workstation; it’s a hunt for someone who can quickly blend into the company’s unique ecosystem, understand its rhythms, and contribute to its symphony of productivity without missing a beat. This is where temp staffing agencies become not just a service but a strategic partner in navigating these choppy waters.

Understanding the Cost of Employee Turnover in Manufacturing and Logistics

The Big Picture: Employee turnover is expensive – think revenue, morale, productivity. It’s a big deal, especially in high-volume workforces.

The Numbers Game: Replacing an employee? It could cost you one-third to two times their annual salary. Ouch!

Why Are Manufacturing and Logistics Employees Leaving?

  1. Global Mindset Shift: The pandemic started it, but the Great Resignation is about more than that. Employees want more from their jobs.
  2. Job Dissatisfaction: In Europe, only 14% of employees feel engaged at work. That leaves a whopping 86% potentially eyeing the exit.
  3. Work/Life Balance: Nearly half of all workers would quit for a better balance. That’s huge!
  4. Technology Stress: New tech is great, but not if it stresses out your team. 36% of workers in Continental Europe aren’t happy with tech changes.

The Temp Staffing Advantage For Manufacturing and Logistics Companies

  1. Flexibility: Temp staffing offers the agility you need in this fast-paced market. Scale up or down as needed.
  2. Cost-Effective: Hiring temps can be more budget-friendly. You save on recruitment costs, onboarding, and the risk of a bad hire.
  3. Fresh Perspectives: Temporary workers bring new ideas and skills, keeping your team dynamic and innovative.
  4. Reduced Turnover Costs: With temps, you’re not as exposed to the high costs of employee turnover.

Take Action Today

Employee turnover can be a costly challenge for manufacturing and logistics companies, but you can fill the gap with the help of temp staffing agencies like MGR Workforce. At MGR Workforce we don’t just fill positions, we act as a bridge between the fluctuating demands of the market and the ever-evolving workforce.

The beauty of temp staffing is in its inherent nimbleness. It allows businesses to react to market trends with the finesse of a seasoned chess player, making calculated moves rather than desperate lunges. This agility is particularly crucial in industries like manufacturing and logistics, where the ebb and flow of demand can be as unpredictable as the weather. The ability to scale your workforce up or down without the burdensome weight of traditional hiring processes is like drawing from a well-oiled machine—smooth, efficient, and reliable.

By partnering with a temp agency, you’re sidestepping the hefty costs associated with recruitment, from advertising the position to the time-consuming process of sifting through candidates. Moreover, these temporary professionals arrive pre-screened, trained, and ready to contribute from day one. And should the fit not be right, there’s no complex dance of exit interviews and severance packages.

Contact us today to get started.



NOTE: This form is for businesses only. If you are looking for a job, visit our job board instead.

Step 1/2:
Leave this field blank
Please be as detailed as possible so our team can source the best workers for you

Why Is Staffing With MGR Workforce Different?

Click to watch the video below!

Play Video about man in gray shirt standing beside brown cardboard boxes

Why Top Companies Choose Us

The MGR Difference

We’re known for providing the highest quality labor. We relentlessly screen for deep experience and a desire to
support a winning team.

MGR Workforce has been a leader in workforce staffing for over 20 years. We use our two decades of experience to recruit and match workers to your needs.

Our level of commitment to satisfy our clients and provide incredible value is unmatched. We have 24/4 customer support and a Worker Guarantee.

Have a Staffing Need or project in mind? Don’t hesitate, Contact us today!