In uncertain economic times, many companies are looking for ways to manage their costs. One way to do this is by hiring temporary labour.
Temporary labour is sometimes referred to as “contingent staffing”. Essentially it refers to temporary workers in casual employment who supplement a company’s workforce. Contingent staffing services are provided by staffing agencies, which are companies that specialize in finding temporary employees for other companies.
The modern day staffing industry began in the late 1940s as employees went to fight in World War II, a lot of positions were left unfilled. Businesses struggled to find workers, and staffing agencies were established to help those companies fill their positions quickly. In the 1950s, with the boom in American manufacturing, it was a way for companies to quickly increase their workforce during periods of high demand, and then reduce their workforce when demand decreased. In the late 1960s and early 1970s, more companies began hiring “semi-permanent employees” (aka. contract or temporary employees).
The use of temporary labour has evolved well beyond the hiring of secretaries and administrative staff. Today, there are a number of modern staffing agencies that provide skilled workers for a wide variety of jobs. If you are looking for a way to reduce your costs during uncertain economic times, then hiring temporary labour may be the solution for you.
In Canada, there are a number of temporary labour agencies that can help you find the right employees for your company. These agencies can provide you with employees who have the skills and experience you need, without having to hire them permanently.
MGR Workforce is one of those agencies, and we can help you find the right temp workers for your company, without having to hire them permanently. Drawing from over two decades of expertise, we consistently provide the highest quality labour and superior service.
Saving Money By Hiring Temporary Labour
Temporary labour can be a great way to manage your costs during uncertain times, and can help your company to save money in many ways:
- They can help you to avoid the costs associated with hiring and training permanent employees.
- They can help you to reduce the amount of overtime that your permanent employees are working.
- They can help you avoid the costs associated with layoffs.
- They can help you to reduce the amount of administrative work that you have to do.
- They can help you to fill in for absent employees.
- They can help you to reduce the amount of time that it takes to find a new employee.
- They can help you to reduce the amount of time that it takes to get a new employee up to speed.
- They can help you to reduce the amount of money that you spend on recruiting and advertising.
Start by determining a budget for temporary labour for each of your projects. In many cases, hiring temporary labour is more cost-effective than hiring a smaller number of permanent employees. Temporary labour staffing services assemble a pool of qualified individuals for a variety of jobs.
Advantages Of Hiring Temporary Labour In Canada
If you are considering hiring temporary employees, there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- The use of temporary labour can help to improve customer service. When you are short-staffed, it can be difficult to meet the demands of your customers. Temporary employees can help to fill the gap and ensure that your customers are taken care of.
- Temporary workers can help to improve productivity by picking up the slack and ensuring that your project tasks gets done on time.
- Temporary workers can help to keep your company’s workforce flexible, which can be important in times of change. For example, if you are expecting a surge in business as our economy strengthens this year, you may need to hire more temporary employees to meet the demand.
- Hiring temporary labour can be a cost-effective way to fill staffing needs when you only need workers for a short period of time, it can be more economical to hire temporary employees rather than full-time staff.
- When you have a surge in business, your permanent employees can become overworked and stressed. Temporary employees can help to lighten the load and ease the pressure on your permanent employees.
- Another benefit of using temporary labour is that it can help your company to stay nimble and adaptable. When business needs change, it is important to be able to change your staffing requirements quickly. Temporary labour from MGR Workforce can help you to do that.
- Temporary workers can help your company cover busy seasonal periods. The holiday season is a prime example of when many businesses might need extra help. By hiring temporary workers, you can ensure that your regular employees are not overworked and stressed out.
- Temporary workers can be used to fill specific roles within your company. If you have a vacancy that needs to be filled quickly, or if you’re looking for someone with specific skills, temporary workers can be a great solution.
Canadian Skilled Labour Ready On-Demand
Temporary employees nowadays have a diverse skill set, ranging from hospitality to construction, and they offer a plethora of abilities and expertise to your firm.
MGR Workforce is a leading supplier of temporary labour in Canada, with over 20 years of experience in the industry. We understand that every company’s needs are different, and we work closely with our clients to provide them with the right employees for the job.
We set the standard for quality, professionalism, and superior service as a trusted network of skilled and unskilled workers in North America. We understand what it takes to make sure your staffing needs are fulfilled and will match the right workers with your needs.
If you are looking for a cost-effective way to manage your staffing needs, and you’re looking for skilled, qualified temporary workers, contact MGR Workforce today. We would be happy to discuss your needs and see how we can help.