We are looking for an energized & motivated Assistant Grocery Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Wage: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 depending on experience.
- Assistant Grocery Managers are responsible as the “second in command” for the department and are responsible for assuming the primary duties of the Manager while he/she is away from the department.
- The hands-on position of Assistant Grocery Manager assists the Grocery Manager(s) to track and manage department inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising/product rotation, labour, customer service, maintenance and safety to achieve or exceed company standards.
- Assistant Grocery Managers will take on specific duties to meet these goals as requested; these duties will include but not be limited to inventory control, ordering, receiving, unloading, storage and rotation of merchandise and building of displays.
- Assistant Grocery Managers will be expected to help train & supervise new and existing department associates, setting the highest example of ethics and conduct, safety.
Qualifications and skills:
- – Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- – Willingness to work overtime when necessary to deliver the project on time
- – Must have own method of transportation
- – 3 yrs experience minimum
- – Strong computer skills and ability to quickly learn new systems
- – Understanding of Employment Standards, WHMIS, Food Safety and Loss Prevention practices
*This job is also known as/you may be interested in this job if you have experience in the following: manager, grocery store, grocery manager, grocery*
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- purchasing: 3 years (Required)
- dry grocery: 1 year (Required)
- Grocery: 3 years (Required)